Instagram is popular. In fact it is more popular nowadays. People keep login from different devices time and again. Usually many apps do not remember your account details when you log out of them. But in the case of Instagram it keeps remembering your account details even if you log out from the devices. Sometimes you may need to remove a remembered account from your device. This post will simply describe how to remove a remembered account on Instagram.
What is a remembered account on Instagram?
Social medias like Facebook and Instagram are making it easier for their users to log in. So they keep remembering the account on different devices. Using the remembered account you just need to tap or click on the profile icon and you will be logged in to the account. You will not need to enter your password as the account is remembered in the device. Take a look at the screenshot below.
In the screenshot above, my account lvlysumn is remembered in my device. I will just need to tap on my profile picture to log in to my Instagram account. I do not need to enter my user credential such as email, phone, id and password.
How to remove a remembered account on Instagram using your browser?
Instagram is moreover a mobile social media and mostly used on different mobile devices. Though you may frequently use it on your PC as well. If you wish to delete or remove a remembered account on your PC you can use a browser to do that. Follow the below steps.
- Simply log out of your Instagram account if you are logged in.
- You will see the below screen.
- Tap or click on the “Manage Accounts” as shown in the above screenshot.
- Click or tap on the “X” button that you want to remove Instagram from remembering. If you have multiple accounts and wants to remove all click or tap each one. If you want to remove any particular account tap the “X” for that particular account.
- Now you will see the pop up screen as shown in the above image. Tap or click on remove. That is all. Now the remembered account on Instagram is removed. Next time if you wish to log in, you need to enter your credential such as user id, email or phone number along with your password.
You may also like to read:
How to recover deleted Instagram messages?
How to remove a remembered account on Instagram from android app?
Follow the below steps to remove a remembered account on Instagram from android apps.
- Open your Instagram app and look at the bottom right corner, you will see your profile image. Tap on it.
- Then look at the top right corner, you will see three line usually denote the menu, tap on it.
- Now tap on the “Settings”
- Then tap on “Log out @your-user-id-on-Instagram accounts” or tap on “Log out of all accounts”. You can tap any one. Specially if you have multiple accounts logged in you will see this option.
- You will see the pop ups. Now tap on “Log out”
- And then tap on “Ok”
You have been logged out of the accounts. Now time to remove the remembered account from your android device. After successfully logging out you will see the below screen.
- Tap on “Remove” and the pop up will be seen.
- Again tap on “Remove” as seen on the step 7 and 8 in the above image.
You have now successfully removed a remembered account on Instagram from your android device.
How to remove a remembered account on Instagram from iPhone?
While Instagram offers “remove” option in an android phone, iPhone has slightly different procedure to remove a remembered Instagram account. You need to apply settings while login in. Follow the below steps.
- Open an Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Step 1. Tap on the three line at top right corner,
- 2. Tap on “Settings”
- 3. Tap on “Security”
- 4. Tap on “Saved login information.”
- You will see the screen as shown in the image.
- Step 5. Now tap to toggle saved login information.
- 6. Tap on remove.
- 7. Now tap on the back arrow at the top left corner to go back to the previous menu.
- Step 8: Scroll down a bit if you do not see “Log Out your [Instagram name]” and tap on the Log Out.
- 9: It will ask to remember the login information. Simply tap on “Not Now”
Now you have logged out of your Instagram accounts from your iPhone. Time now to remove a remembered account from your device. Follow the below steps.
- When you open an Instagram, you will see the below screen. As step 10: tap on “Edit”
- Step 11: Tap on the “X” for each accounts.
- Step 12: Tap on “Remove”
Now you have completely remove remembered account from your iPhone device. Next time if you want to login, you need to enter your Instagram credentials.
With these steps you can easily remove an Instagram account from your devices. Also remember that by clearing all the data from your devices will also remove any particular account from your device. If you encounter any issues, please comment down below.